Workshop Assistant/Offsite Instructor
This is not a high stress, fast-paced restaurant environment; the person who will excel in this position is detail oriented, warm, and has excellent prioritization and problem solving skills. In addition to working alongside a lead instructor in studio, this person would also be responsible for leading small offsite events in offices and in home. We're looking for someone with a confident, fun, relaxed demeanor who loves decorating. To fit in with our current small team, you need to be willing to jump in and learn, be self-motivated, and have a good sense of humor.
Before applying please read the entire job description and submit your resume and examples of past work, along with a message detailing why you are interested in this position and a little about your background.
- 2+ year of FOH or BOH experience is required
- Teaching experience is not required but is a big plus
- If you have examples of your decorating work, please include them with your resume. You don't need to be a professional decorator, but we're looking for someone who has a command of basic skills.
- Have great communication, problem-solving, and prioritizing skills
- A friendly and warm demeanor is a must- a big part of this job is interacting with the public
- Valid Servsafe certification
- Must be able to stand, bend, perform repetitive motions during a 6 hour shift, and must be able to safely lift ten (10) to fifty (50) pounds
- Reliably commute to 60625
- Set tables and tools for workshops
- Fill piping bags with icing with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide excellent customer service to our guests- help create a fun, creative experience that people will love
- Assist instructor as needed during classes; look for opportunities to help
- Bus tables, run dishwasher, and clean kitchen before, during, and after classes
- Reliably show up on time and prepared for offsite events
We are currently seeking an assistant for cookie decorating workshops on Friday and Saturdays from 4 PM-10 PM. It is very important that anyone applying for this position understand that we are a very small team and that these hours are not flexible. Baring illness and emergency, we are not able to accommodate last minute call off’s or no shows. Because we plan workshops 3 months in advance, time off requests must be submitted a minimum of one month in advance. Pay depends on experience and ranges between $22-25/hr.